Event Of The Month - The South Beach
It's time again for The South Beach Wine and Food Festival presented by Food and Wine. This eighth annual event is an epicurean and wine aficionados delight. It seems like anybody who is anybody in the business all appear in South Beach every February and this year is no exception.
Even Their Majesties King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia of Spain will be in attendance at the ¡Viva España! The Wines and Foods of Spain event on Thursday, February 19th. The festival runs from February 19-22, 2009 at venues throughout the city.
The years South Beach Wine and Food Festival opens with the Astel Light Burger Bash hosted by Rachael Ray presented by Allen Brothers, the ¡Viva España! The Wines and Foods of Spain, and the Cruzan Rum After-Party hosted by Tyler Florence and Presented by Modern Luxury Media.
Wine and Food Festival
- Perrier-Jouët BubbleQ hosted by Tom Colicchio & Friends on Friday, February 20th
- Harrahs Casino Night hosted by Paula Deen on Friday , February 20
- Dinner in Paradise presented by Driscoll's hosted by Michael Schwartz on Saturday , February 21st
- Wolfsonian-FIU Mouton Rothschild Dinner on Saturday, February 21
- The 2009 Tribute Dinner honoring Emeril Lagasse Saturday, February 21
- Oscar Night® America Sobe Style hosted by Bobby Flay and Stephanie March, benefiting the Miami Beach Film Society and Cinematheque on Sunday, February 22
- The Grand Tasting Village from 11-6 on Saturday and Sunday
Thats only a sampling of the many events running throughout the weekend. The Festival is world-renowned for its ability to attract culinary celebrity. Some of this years expected guests include Rachael Ray, Emeril Lagasse, Paula Dean, Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence and many, many more.
Make your plans now as events are selling out quickly. You can purchase tickets online at South Beach Wine and Food Festival Site
Head to South Beach and have the culinary time of your life!